Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I'm Not Dead Yet...

I think I'll take a walk...

Just a quick update. My 24 hour fluey thing I thought was going to kill me didn't and I was on a fire by the evening of the 4th. We just got home yesterday night. The crew hit 5 fires in two weeks and were jumped all over Colorado. I'll update more later but it was killer!

Not a great homecoming. I've got vet bills and boarding fees for my pregnant mare because she was badly hurt on one of the wrecked fences we have around here. She's going to be fine, but it was stressful for awhile. Luckily I have fantastic neighbors who took the situation in hand for me. Because of this all I've decided I'm fed up with the CHEAP owner of this place. Things are getting done, but not without him bitching every step of the way. If horses are being hurt, cattle are getting into the neighbors and he can't fix it, I don't know if I want to stay. As it was I spent almost my whole day off trying to get two horses out of a neighbors pasture. His attitude is: "if it's a free range state, they can pay to keep my livestock out..." He's so friendly eh? I just didn't need this stress as a welcome home. And to top it off I probably can't go out with the next crew because I'm SO needed in the home office because SOMEBODY didn't do their job and now I get to pick up the pieces because I'm such a HARD WORKER and TRUSTWORTHY. Great. So if I was lazy and worthless I wouldn't lose out on the few thousand dollars the next fire detail will make?

Sorry to vent. Things just don't seem to ever turn out the way I'd like them too.

I will post pics of everything eventually. Patience!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Hang in there! Venting is good for the soul, at least I think so! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hang in there D :) Everyone needs to blow off a little steam now and then, otherwise all the little "detours" in life would drive you crazy.

alanna rose said...

I'm thinking about you.