Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Things Fall Apart...

...as usual. I've been really busy with work but have managed to get in some team roping 2 to 3 times a week, riding Maggie and working on training Rebel on the weekends. My colt had his membranes stripped and a cast put on almost 2 weeks ago so it'll come off this weekend. It will be straighter, but I don't know how much yet. Hopefully everything works out alright. I've been really nervous and scared about it all. He's taking it like a champ - but I'm not.


So basically kiss my rear end good-bye for awhile. The loverly Forest Circus is basically kicking my butt with work for the next 4 to 8 weeks. I have to go camp out on the forest to mark a sale, and when I get back I'm going to guess fire season will be in full swing. I like the money, but right now I feel like work is my life. As soon as this is done school starts. The never-ending cycle...I feel like all I've worked towards with roping and training will go down the tubes since I won't be able to be consistent. I'm very depressed with this. I feel like I fall in this rut each year. I would just like to have some breathing room. Just a little.
I'll do my best to keep you all updated. I miss my blogging buddies.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I do hope your colt's leg straightens out! I love his little snip. Too cute. I bet it will look great after it's all said and done.

Working sucks but it pays the bills. You know husbands help out a lot.......how's that man of yours doing? Hope you two are dong well.

And we have missed ya. I hope you will be able to keep us updated every now and then.

alanna rose said...

We miss you too! :)

The Wades said...

You poor thing! I hope you find some time for a break.

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

Don't work too hard! Try to drop a post when you can.