Tuesday, October 03, 2006

FAILURE!

I am, as usual, depressed about a few things. Having tried to take situations into my own hands I think I have caused even worse problems for my mental state...which is completely out of whack. To top everything off, I failed my science exam a few weeks back. I really shouldn't be surprised. Afterall, I screwed up my schedule that day for studying, I recieved my science degree almost 7 years ago, recieved my teaching degree almost 4 years ago and have only taught one science class since, 3 years ago. SO really, the odds were stacked against me. I do get to take it over in November, and I didn't fail by that much...but I still feel like crying about it. On the other hand, I did pass the English portion with flying colors...but I'd be a moron if I hadn't sicne I've been teaching it for almost 3 years.

Since I am down and out, being crazy busy is how I deal with things, so after spending all day burning down the forest Friday,I finally decided to let myself be talked into joining the fire department here in town. A guy I work with has been bugging me all summer and I finally filled out the application last month, but still hadn't attended a meeting. Well, I was jumped on my way into town and begged to help set up for the fall festival on Saturday which is hosted by the fire department. I said I'd give a hand, and the next thing you know, I was talked into volunteering at the pumpkin painting table and fire department table ALL DAY Saturday as well. I'm blaming it on exhaustion and stress...I'm not thinking right, but at least it kept me from feeling sorry for myself at home. Oh well. What's one more thing right?

Sunday I ended up moving cattle off Poncha Pass all day. Again, suckered into at at 7:30 in the morning when people needed another hand. Don't get me wrong, I love doing that kind of stuff...but when do people get to help me with my ranch? Anyway, I got some great pics...

1 comment:

randi said...

Keep you chin up...I think we're having the same feelings, but in different states. I know how you feel if that's any consolation. *hugs*