Wednesday, March 19, 2008

"It's a Matter of Pride"

It's official. I'm enough of a part of the livestock business I have my own official brand. I put in for it in January and now it's paid through 2011. For now all I'm using it for is my Horses as a freeze mark. This means I'll dip a specially made brand in liqued nitrogen and 'burn' the image on the horse. The hair grows back white. For those of you unaware of what a brand is:



Brand: identification mark on skin, made by burning; burn with a branding iron to indicate ownership; of animals



Livestock rustling is real and alive!
This reads as: Quarter Circle Diamond D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how cool is that?!! I would feel very important.

alanna rose said...

This is so cool - I would have an extra brand made just for using to brand steaks, chicken breasts, anything that I can :)

And I would have stationary made :)

Andrea said...

That is so neat!! I would feel so important too!! Tell Alanna rose that they do make brands that you can brand your steak with, it does initials!!