Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Work

When I say I have to go to work, I mean I have to go to work...not school. For the first 2/3 of the summer I was teaching swim lessons (and I still have the random private lesson here and there), but I also have finally gotten on with the Zapata Ranch here in my backyard.


Many years ago (think 1600's), the area was settled by ranchers. The Zapata and Medano ranches were purchased by the Nature Conservancy and now are managed and run as a small, family oriented dude ranch. It covers over 100,000 acres and is populated year round by one of the largest Bison herds in North America.



I help bring our guests through the area on horseback and of course, manage the herds!
I can't think of how I'd rather be spending my school days off...

1 comment:

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

That is way awesome. Will definitely have to come visit sometime and have you tourist me around. ;-)