Thursday, June 17, 2010

Gotta Wear Shades, Amongst Other Things...

Lots of stuff going on here. Put up a temporary fence for the horses so they can eat down some of the grass along both sides of the drive, waiting for our next flood for irrigation, am getting a great tan while teaching swim lessons each morning and I just got back from the doctors and everything's great - the cyst I had is gone, I haven't had any more sciatic nerve issues and basically now all I have to do is wait. However, the bad news is my doctor's leaving for another practice a month before the baby is due. S0 that more or less leaves me high and dry concerning a doctor... that's competent. Of course I am going with whom he suggested, but still. It pisses me off.

In other news: Wrigley's puppies are of age to sell and we went to visit to see the litters! Way too cute and I'm so glad I already had stud fees in hand and the pick of litter was wanted by the females' owner or I would have taken her home. There were 6 in one litter and 2 in the other (he 'accidentally' knocked up another female while visiting). Two babies died at birth when mom bit their umbilical cords too close, but everyone else was super healthy with a little help from the owners. There were 4 black and silver dapples, a red dapple, and 4 sables. Not too bad since both moms were straight red and Wrigley was the only one with any color! He has proven himself!!! Yeah!!!


Huge Wilderness fire burning behind our house in the sand dunes area. Since it's wilderness they've been letting it burn for about a week. It blew up today, but still is in an uninhabited area. Very cool to watch. I hope this doesn't turn out to be a crazy fire season since last year sucked and I can't go out on anything this year due to the belly. Can't believe how much I miss it! The peaks are at about 13,500 feet there so it gives you an idea of how high that plume is.

3 comments:

JJ said...

OMG - want cute puppy!! They are entirely too sweet looking!

Dreaming said...

I don't think I've ever seen anything quite as cute (well, of course our new puppy is possibly the cutest - but I think moms are allowed to be a bit partial)! The dapples are amazing.

AJ said...

I could take home that puppy in the second picture! What a cutie!

Glad to hear your feeling better and everything is going well. Sorry your doctor is leaving. That sucks. Maybe you'll like the new doctor even better, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! And yay, you're in the home stretch now!