Monday, July 30, 2012

Learning to Ride

Today we had a lady who was scared of horses but wanted to be ready for a pack trip into the mountains with her family. I truly thought it was an unattainable challenge. However, we moved at her pace. I rode the horse, then lead her on foot, then by horse, and then she took over. And was posting at the trot by early afternoon and had tried a short lope. Right....so either she was really good at working through her fears, or I have magic powers.

Came home to 7 baby duckies I hatched for a friend. They are way too cute. And finally turned the baby geese onto the flock. What was wierd in an amazing way was that even though my geese didn't hatch the eggs they laid, they still recognized the babies as theirs and immediately gathered them up and have been standing watch over them. If I hasn't seen it I wouldn't have thought it possible.

Ringo has really regressed since he bucked me off. In fact I haven't even been able to get on him. Cam Shriver is at the ranch and asked me Saturday of I wanted him to take a look at him. Let's just say this guy really knows his horses and is amazing. I'll take you through what we've done at the end of the week.



1 comment:

Dreaming said...

How utterly amazing that the geese would recognize the goslings(? that's right, isn't it?)
And you are right, the ducklings are too cute!
I can't wait to hear what Cam had to say about Ringo