Saturday, August 26, 2006

National Emergency

So it seems we're in a national emergency fire wise and my crew wants me to try and take leave from school to go. It suddenly got really bad this past week and there are new fires popping up everywhere! You'd never know it to look here...raining everyday. I really want to go, but there are some issues I have to weigh:

Pros:
Great Money
Could pay off another debt
Stop humming and hawing about a new truck and just get it
Get out of the Valley again for a bit
Get in great shape

Cons:
School might not let me go
Probably would have to take leave without pay if they did (though my paycheck would still be larger from the fire)
Have to get a babysitter for the 'kids' again
Have to have detailed lesson plans
Have a test to take on the 16th (but could reschedule for about $100)

I'm sure there are a few more. If school is like 'no way!', I get to be on call here (which is no different than it is now really). But I'm torn between going and being responsible here. It's not like it's for that long...14 to 18...what do y'all think?

2 comments:

alanna rose said...

I think you should go with your gut feeling - which option is better for your mental health (less stressful)?

Let us know what you decide to do:)

Kara said...

I too think you should do what you want...what will make you happy?

But, my logical side says that your career is teaching. So since there is a conflict, you should stick with teaching.

However, if your school is willing to work with you...then go for it.