Saturday, January 19, 2008

I Want To Be Buried In The Backyard

Seriously, somebody shoot me. Last week Shane came down with a pretty bad cough and didn't feel good. However he still worked all day and seemed to be kicking it fine with the help of yours truly (what is it with men not being able to help themselves to medicine but need it forced down their throat?). Little did I know that as I helped him along the little germies were multiplying in my system. They were like setting up a personal attack on me for trying to kill them. Let me sum up the last 5 days:


Tuesday: Woke up with a 'heavy' feeling in my chest. No prior warning and no cough or stuffy nose. Achy by noon, took a few @dvil, felt fine. Drove to Sterling (way up north) for a firefighter class starting the next day.

Wednesday: Popping @dvil and cough drops. Dry hacking cough; still don't feel horrid yet but deciding to stay home from the evening social activities to try and kick this. Woke up in the middle of the night wondering if I needed to go to the hospital.

Thursday: Can't breathe. Instructor takes one look at me and excuses me from class. I sleep on and off all day taking various medicines. Every time I cough I think my head and chest are going to open up. By night I can't keep anything in my stomach because I gag when I cough. Still missing fun social activities.


Friday: Sit my exam for the test with about 10 pounds of drugs in me. Finish first, pass with 100...(see, I'm still smart, sortof) and hightail back to the valley. When I got home I buried myself in the bed. Shane came in later from doing my chores and said we were going to the hospital. I reasoned and he's taking me to my doctors' later today.

Germies: 5
Me: 0

Ah yes. Pictures. I don't have any new of Shaner, but here's a few repeats of the cowboy himself:
...And no, I didn't make up the nickname. His dad calls him that.

This is from when we brought in about 400 head from Pagosa, drove them about 9 miles and shipped. I keep trying to figure out why he looks goofy in the second pic, but he's either chewing on his lip or has a chew in! He does not have chipmunk cheeks. The horse is Snoopy, his Heading horse who taught me how to rope too.

2 comments:

AJ said...

That crap is going around. I caught something and have been trying to kick it for two weeks. Earlier this week, I decided I had strept throat and just started taking some antibiotics that I have left over from my last cold-I-couldn't-kick-turned-sinus-infection.

YGS said...

Cool pictures!