Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Ridiculously Long

I cannot believe I haven't posted since before I went on school break! And it isn't as if I was super busy either...I'm sorry!!!


In my own defense I will state that there has been many changes - a few which will be posted now, a few later.
For starters we 'saved' two puppies before Christmas. Nate's uncle had brought home an emancipated German Shepherd cross that had been hanging out at his job site. He had been feeding her at work for weeks and was a very sweet dog, so he decided to take her home since it was obvious she didn't have one. A few weeks later she disappeared and he thought she had run off. Nope - she had dug a den under his spare building supplies and had seven puppies! They were sucking her dry and at four weeks we had to do something. Since they were fat and happy we started finding them homes. She was left with three and two weeks later looks A LOT better. We brought two home. The runt and her sister. They hung out in the house for a few days to make sure they were eating well (and they have had NO problems being off mom at all!) and have now moved out to the kennel with the other dogs.

Meet Boomer and Brees:

We planned on finding them homes, but we may keep them. At least one...but WHICH one? Hmmmmmm.....
Nate has been talking about adding another 'barnyard' animal to the gang for a few months. I did a little research and didn't see much of an issue with it. This bugger ran off with in the first 16 hours of being with us, was searched for with dogs for 7 hours, was given up as a lost cause, and then was found curled up in the straw around the pumphouse and made a beeline for her pen when she saw me. Guess it's true what they say...these little buggers are pretty smart.

Say Hello to Betsy:

Nate has decided she IS NOT going to be Sunday dinner one day, but rather a mommy (because she likes her back and head scratched) and she can earn her keep by procreating for a cause.

Also - Wrigley is going to meet his girlfriend tonight. So in a few months there should be little Wrigleys. There's a thought...I get pick of litter, but I think we have enough dogs for now...though you never know....

Christmas was okay. New Year's sucked. Other things happening - one major thing unplanned - that I will go into at a later date.

We DID NOT go to Michigan. Another sore point, but I sometimes get the feeling that my parent's have 'married me off'. Not a happy subject with me.

Sorry this is quick. I promise to be better!

9 comments:

randi said...

You can send me a little Wrigley. :) OK Mark would kill me, but I miss him!

h said...

You are pregnant. I just know it. ;) I want those puppies!!!!!

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

Awww-they are adorable. Pappa must have been a border collie?

We didn't go home for Christmas either...considering the family hulabaloo I'm sure it was for the best.

Amy said...

Im with heather...you preggers arn't you!!! Come on D spill it!!

Jericho Rose said...

O my god! You have to keep them both. I love puppies. They are soooooooo cute. I keep telling Kevin I want another puppy, but they are lots of work. We are finally out of the chewing stage. We had carpet chewed up, walls, baseboards, etc. Now that we have a new house I would like to keep it in once piece.

Diana said...

You seriously can not choose between Boomer and Brees. They are both ADORABLE!!!! Can't wait to hear about the "major thing unplanned" :P

Crystal said...

Puppies and piggies! So cute!

Laura said...

Yay for adding a pig! Those little bastards are super smart!

Andrea said...

I love your pig!! Super cute! And how sweet that she loves her head scratched and won't be dinner!!

And I love the puppy on the left! How supper cute are they!!

I hope things slow down for you and aren't as crazy as they have been!