Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Still Here...

Sorry I haven't gotten around to getting any pics on this thing. Between school's stupid computers and not getting anything downloaded off my camera I've gotten behind. There were also a few disasters in the making last week and a girl I knew who taught at a nearby school was killed in a car accident, so I've been a bit overwhelmed. That's another one I haven't really taken the time to think over. She was from Florida so we didn't even have a funeral to go to since her family brought her home. A woman I work with was getting her Master's with her at Adams State in Alamosa and she's taken it really hard.

It's spirit week here at school since the football team is starting playoffs Friday, so nobody is really taking anything seriously and it's been havoc! It's so hard to get anything done when rules are out the window and boys are cross-dressing (don't ask). I've gotten a few laughs, but can't wait until things are back to normal next week. I hated rules in HS, but REALLY understand why we have them. It definitely helps with the teacher's sanity level through the week!

Hopefully I'll have my own computer hooked up within the next month or so, and then can keep this thing more up to date and get some pics posted from the fires I was on and daily life out here.

I'm supposed to be taking a trip to Chaco Canyon this weekend for a photography session. A friend of mine was supposed to go 'cause I really don't want to camp out and hike by myself, but I'm beginning to wonder if this will happen. Why can't I meet anyone who wants to do anything? Ever? I've done it all by myself already. I'm ready for a little company...

No comments: