Saturday, September 16, 2006

Test Anxiety

So I wasn't exactly off to a great start this morning...

Despite getting a good night's sleep and feeling content about my studying situation, I woke up really groggy and couldn't have cared less about these exams. Now, on one hand, this could be a good thing...not stressing, totally (maybe overly!) relaxed...but then as I was getting into my truck I must have dropped my lucky pencil (don't ask, but it has to do with sharpening about a million pencils yesterday in preparation and leaving them in various places all over the valley)...because when I shut my door I heard a sickening 'crunch'. Yup...broken into three pieces...oh well. So I drove on down to Alamosa and after these morons finally got us all ready to start the tests (they weren't prepared and were running about 1/2 hour behind...add to the anxiety) I realize I'm taking my Science exam first, NOT my English exam that I had studied for the night before - thinking I had this afternoon to study for the science. Whoops. So anyway, now it's done and I'm killing time in the library waiting to head off to my English exam at 1:00. Don't ask how it went...it's just done.

What I can't figure out is where the hell my head is. I only looked over the information about a million times in preparation. It wasn't just getting the exams screwed up, I also could have gotten a ton more study material if I'd seen that Section One of the packet needed to be downloaded from another page...HELLO! Where have I been? I've only been preparing for this thing for a month and I just noticed that? I also left a book I needed sitting on a desk where I put it yesterday in my classroom, with my coat, and my purse...so I wouldn't FORGET it. What is wrong with me?

To top things off I really am wishing that SOMEBODY was down here in Alamosa to take my mind off this all...but it seems I don't fall into the category of 'priorities' when in comes to time anymore like I used to be. Oh well. At least I was for a short while. Patience D, patience...

Ciao for now...I'm going to go find a quiet corner and read a book.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I hope that the English exam went better!
The only way to get your head leveled is many, many strong drinks with old friend! ;)

Danielle Michelle said...

I agree with you...I'm in serious need of some drinking buddies!