Friday, January 23, 2009

Lotto

Just go with me on this...

  • I'm broke. Literally. I have $4 in my account until payday. I hope.
  • No rich rancher is coming along.
  • No really nice guy that likes the same thing I do is coming along.
  • I'm stressed too.
  • I stay in bed as long as possible each day so I don't have to start the count down to how long I can go until something comes crashing down (unfortunately Wrigley has me up by 6:30 each morning).
  • When people say, "you never know what the day might bring..." They aren't kidding - and they obviously haven't met me or they might not use that term so liberally...

SOOOO....I think we need a lotto. I say I choose the categories in my life (teaching, house, livestock, the yearbook and woodstove may count as their own as well...) and we'll place bets on which disaster occurs in which category monthly. Send me $5.00 to get in the pot and we'll 50/50 it at the end of the month...depending on which disaster was the most life altering. If there are ties we'll have a tie-breaker (as I'm sure more than just one disaster will occur in a 30 day period).

I think it would be exciting for you all and would pay my groceries in the least...

What do you say? SEND ME YOUR MONEY!!!!

Update: guys, I have no money yet?! What gives? In response to some e-mails - yes this is a joke!!! No I have not gone off my rocker (though I may be getting close...)!!! But if anyone wants to take it seriously I'd be happy to take any money you have off your hands.

4 comments:

YGS said...

Good luck with the lottery!

Andrea said...

I would send you some if I had some. Some how not having a job and raising three kids doesn't give ya any money. Which I think is wrong. I want a raise!!

Andrea said...

Oh and I forgot, I gave you an award!!

Rising Rainbow said...

LOL, I can relate to this thinking! Not sure if that makes us both crazy or not, but at least we're not alone. LOL