Monday, March 30, 2009

Random Weekend...

Just some random thoughts...

I sure appreciate all the comments on my last post. Please remember that until Blogger gets their stuff together you just have to click through my archives. I like google reader, but I really think it makes certain things impersonal. It's great for following a cooking blog, but not so much for the blogs of your friends and family. Isn't that sort of what blogging is about? A community? Everything is so fast paced today and here we are not able to call or write to keep in touch like we would like, and now we don't even take the time to be in touch much at all. Don't get me wrong, I think technology is great; I wouldn't be able to do half the thing I do in such a small community and school that I do without it, but I think it's important that we don't forget about true human contact (or at least the best we can do). Afterall, most of us are already half-way across a continent from one another...

On that note - Rumba is officially 10 days over the average due date and all previous observations with her last pregnancy are out the window. It's making me crazy too...I'm losing all sorts of sleep checking

So it's been a mild winter here in the SLV. We typically get a bit of wet snow in March, but it's been beautiful so far; warm and sunny. And then I woke up Friday morning:
And it snowed. A LOT! And the plow seemed to forget that people lived out my way...

And it DRIFTED! A LOT!


And all the animals are super confused because they thought we were done with this too...

And Wrigley got to break out his winter coat again...though he'd prefer to stay inside...

5 comments:

randi said...

I LOVE the coat. :) Did he try to chew it off??

I just sent something to you. Make sure to check your PO Box near the end of the week!

AJ said...

I was able to see your post the other day, right from the home page, but today I had to go through the archives again....

Andrea said...

Oh, he is so handsome in his winter coat!! I love that last picture.

I use reader so I don't have to look at about 60 blogs a day. Reader tells me when new posts are posted and I read them and then go to the blog to comment!

Is the snow still there? I sure don't miss the white stuff.Keep warm!

rae rae said...

If it makes you feel any better, I know that you have a secret Rochester blog reader who found you through my blog list - and loves reading about your adventures, even though she doesn't know you! ;-)

JJ said...

The sweatshirt on my blog is from MLB.com - they sent me a catalog last week filled with lots of Tigers gear that I totally don't need ;)