Monday, November 27, 2006

Sweet Home Colorado

Today is going to be a good day despite being a Monday. My Bald Eagle is back for the winter! He always sits on the (one) tree next to the road I take into work. I'll have to remember my camera sometime.

Even though it is extrememly isolated out here and lonely on the best of days, I wouldn't change it for the world. Just driving home through the mountians always gets me. Don't get me wrong. It was wonderful to visit friends and I wish I lived closer to family, but, wow, you have to see it to understand.

Yesterday was crazy once I got home! I visited with Lisa and Dave in Conifer for a few hours. Her girls are beautiful! They are so cute and funny! I picked up Maverick and Dixie at the vets' (who are friend's of mine). Mav just got fixed, poor bugger, and pretty much spent the rest of the afternoon walking sideways due to whatever drugs he was given. He looked like a few people I know on a REALLY good night. I wanted what he was having. Sedona's still at one of my student's but I'm picking her up on my way into Alamosa for dance tonight. Everyone looked good back home, but one of my bossy mares pinned Kelly's little paint filly up against the wall and she cut her heel up while I was doing chores. Luckily I caught it right away and wrapped it up so it won't separate and scar. No rest for the wicked! Here we go again! It's always something...

So other than a long drive and playing vet nothing new except a LOT of sunshine and blue skies!

No comments: