Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter, Snow and No Baby

Well, with the crazy barometric highs and lows combined with a full moon I thought for sure I'd have a baby to share with you by now, but alas, no go. Rumba's hangin' on! I'd love to try and get this on video, but baby sure is active! He (because I want a bouncing baby boy) has been pushing against Rum's side and you can actually see the hoof move across the back of her rib cage. I hope this means he's moving around and finally getting into position to be born! This is the worst week ever also because I have drama productions and group photos planned for the yearbook. Oh well.


I just had a nice long four day weekend due to P/T conferences and Easter. It was an eventful weekend (weather wise). A full moon here is awesome. The night lights up like a cloudy day. It's pretty cool.


Who needs to color eggs for Easter? Mine come colored au natural! Greens and Blues, rose, browns, cream and white! The big white one is a goose egg. It makes the BEST fluffy scrambled eggs EVER!
Did I mention we had a blizzard on Easter? I couldn't make it to mass it was so bad. Everyone had to bundle up because it was so wet out. It just kept snowing....

And snowing....And snowing....And then Monday dawned sunny and booootiful!!!! Look at that blue ski!

Have I mentioned there still is no baby?

9 comments:

JJ said...

Hope you are surviving the snow! I'd send some sun your way, but it seems to have left Detroit as well :(

AJ said...

I didn't know eggs came in blue! Those are really pretty!

alanna rose said...

I want the eggs. I can't believe there is no baby yet!

Kara said...

Wow, great pictures. The full moon should be a postcard. Do you plant veggies and fruit as well? I can't wait until our house sells so at our next home I can start a garden. I would love to grow some of my own.

Also, thanks for the compliment on the climber. My dad built one for us kids growing up. Then he built one for my nephews and now for my girls. It is awesome and they love it. We can move the planks around so the kids can have a new adventure each day :)

Carroll Farm said...

Love the moon pic! We usually have eggs that are that pretty. My class loved it when I brought in our goose egg - they thought it was the coolest thing ever!

The Wades said...

These pictures are so beautiful! It almost makes the snow storm worth it...to me!! :)

I can't wait to see the new baby.

Loved the eggs. No need to color, indeed.

Melissa said...

That poor horse - her back must be killing her! My bouncing baby boy is only 1 pound and my back is killing me :)

Fantastyk Voyager said...

She's got to be having that baby soon, don't ya think? Poor mare, what a bellyfull!

I have two months to wait (at least!!) till my mare is due.

Diana said...

The baby is making me angry!! Be born already!! LOL

I LOVE the pic with snow-covered branches....I love seeing that in the winter.