Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Gettin' Started

So Diana (the other Miss. D) got one of these buggers goin' so I figured I'd follow in her steps since everyone is wondering when and where I disappeared to. I am in Southern Colorado...the San Luis Valley to be exact, or as my friends like to call it, "the Valley of No Men". Go figure. I moved out here in December of 2004 to accept a teaching position in a little town called Moffat. Currently I am teaching HS English, computers and drama, and coaching cheer and dance. I also manage an 800 acre ranch over in Saguache and train horses part time for the owner. So those of you who've been wonderin' where I went....well here I am!

So I was running rodeo, but finally retired that old mare of mine. She's as sassy as ever, but gets to beat up on the youngins' when I use her for training. Other than that she's getting fat hanging out with the cattle. Just got a barrel horse sold so I think I'm out for this next season until I get another horse finished. I'm also still fighting wildland fires, and it looks like we have a kickin' season coming up so I may finally be able to afford that new truck I've been wanting. Also keeping up with forestry and working for the Forest Service in the summers.

I escaped into Baja over my student's spring break. Absolutely beautiful and definitely relaxing! I plan on making it back down there at least once more this year. Anyone who wants to join me is more than welcome! I have a great place to stay on the Sea of Cortez, and it's dirt cheap too!

Don't get me wrong. I love it out here, it's just a bit isolated. I spend a lot of time on my own when I'm not working, and rarely get out. It has been hard to meet people since they're few and far between, but I have managed to meet some great folk here and there whom I keep in regular touch with. But sometimes that party girl everyone once knew wants to escape a bit more often...So I promise to keep this sucker updated and look forward to hearing from more of y'all!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Yeah for another AGD to read about! I love being able to keep tabs on everyone!