Monday, April 24, 2006

Weekend Craziness

Currently: Tired and waiting until the end of the day during which I get to sit through a High School meeting before finally getting to go home.

Red Wings: 1st round tied at 1 game apiece



What a busy weekend! Check out my new tattoo: I had the symbol done when I graduated (the first time) and have wanted it added to forever, but could never find an artist I thought was good enough to ink my design...until now!


It looks like I've been watercolored on, which is the effect I wanted when I drew it. My artist did a great job and was just so easy to work with. We had a great time talking and the few hours it took just flew by. So if anyone wants a really good artist I've got one for ya!

Stopped by to see my friend Chris afterwards and got sweet-talked into staying in town and going over to a get together. Since I'm bound and determined to take control of my pathetic social life and meet more people in this God-forsaken valley, I decided to go along. It was fun meeting a bunch of new people, but Chris is a fire-fighter and got a call and left with everything of mine in his truck so I was abandoned! His brother drove me over to Chris' house where my truck was and I crashed on the couch. Chris didn't get home until after 3 in the morning and I woke up to another fire call at 6:30. Luckily it was a false alarm and he'd brought my stuff in the night before anyway so I wouldn't be stranded again. Anyone familiar with fire tones? They're really loud and suck to wake up to.

Saturday turned into a confusing mess when a girlfriend I thought I was having dinner with went out with her boyfriend instead, so I still ended up back in Alamosa having dinner with Chris. Afterwards I stopped by my High School's prom where I was roped into watching the stairwell 'cause it had just been discovered two former students and a few other's had broken into the liquor closet. I'm so not voicing my opinions about this because once I start I'm probably not going to shut up...

Met up with friends later at a country bar, nobody asked me to dance (which I think is a funny story, and yes Chris if you're reading this it's STILL funny), and crashed in town. I still got up super early Sunday, went out to breakfast, did chores (anyone know how much crap can grow at the bottom of a stock tank in a month? Gross!), and then went driving up in the mountains and used our ever increasing Prairie Dog population as target practice with my buddy Wayne (don't worry, I'm a lousy shot). We're always looking for an adventure, so he showed me the old tepee rings where Chief Ouray and his Utes had a permanent campsite, and we went poking for rattlesnakes and then checked out a site where a bunch of Geodes can supposedly be found. Not knowing what we were looking for and not having any patience, we basically picked up any round, light rock and smashed it. I'm sure we were quite the spectacle and I highly recommend smashing rocks to alleviate frustration. Unfortunately this method ended up smashing a pretty cool cystalized geode that Wayne found. All I managed to do was stick my hand in a cactus when picking up a rock ( like I couldn't see the 2 inch long spikes...), and spent the next 10 minutes picking out minute prickers from my fingers.

3 comments:

Erika said...

love the new tattoo. :)

rae rae said...

Ditto. Awesome tatoo.

Diana said...

That tattoo is so cool. I want to get a second sooooo badly.