Monday, April 17, 2006

Red Wings Rock!

  • Hockeytown Baby!




  • For those of you who don't know, I'm a HUGE Red Wings fan living in Colorado. To spell that out, home of the Colorado Avalanche, our biggest nemesis in the world of Hockey. Though this has brought about some heated responses from some of my students, guys I have dated, complete strangers...I am still alive and not buried in some shallow grave (they don't have a 'Detroit River' here).

    So I thought I pay a small tribute to the boys back home in Hockeytown. Not only are the Wings leading the Western Conference Division with 57 wins and 122 points on goal, they also have clinched the Presidents' Trophy. That means they have the best record in the NHL. Eat that Avalanche.

    Unfortunately I don't get to watch many of the games since I'm too far from town to have cable and I can't afford satellite. On the rare occasion I've gone to the bar to catch a game, I've gotten vary strange looks when asking to have the Wings put on. I got scared for my life after a few attempts and haven't tried since. SO I'm stuck catching up on the games online. I tried catching a game in Denver this year, but to no avail. To all of you in D-town, be prepared to catch a game the next season I'm in town! Go Wings!

    No comments: