Thursday, April 27, 2006

Go Wings!

Tonight the Wings take on the Oilers in Edmington for game 4. Since I'm starting to take a lot of crap out here since they've lost the last two games, we are definitely winning this one so we can come back to Detroit tied at 2 and kick their butts at home. That is the game plan I believe.

I can't help but notice that every year during the playoffs the Wings pull this 'close to winning, overtime BS'. EVERY YEAR! Of course last year was a bust hockey wise so that doesn't count. But seriously, what is up with that?! Double, triple overtime have become standard for Wing playoff season. I'm not sure if I can handle the excitement on my own. I need to be kickin' back with a beer or two and my Redwing fanatic friends throwing a stuffed octopus at the TV and getting all hyper over the game like I used to do.

So I'm sweet-talking SOMEBODY who has satellite into letting me watch the game tonight. Hopefully this means I'm not going all the way to Alamosa, but I will if I have to. 100 miles round-trip for a hockey game...that's devotion folks, or my temporary (?) insanity kicking in. It has been a long week...

No comments: