Monday, June 26, 2006

Fizzlin' Out

So I was released back to IA (Initial Attack) late Saturday night. It was a bit of a relief after working a 16 hour shift. We got stuck on top of the mountain when the fire jumped the line. Had to wait until the helicopters had dropped enough water to give us a route down. Then it pooured yesterday which was a bit of a Godsend sinc homes were being threatened. As it was we had already evacuated all the livestock and homes nearby. So from what I know in work this morning the fire is more or less out. I dropped off the film from a camera I dug up yesterday, so I should have pics up by next Monday at the latest.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey ms d it is really important i get those pills back because that is my new prescription and i need it to gt a refill and i ran out this morning and if you haven't heard my seizures have started up again. email me at loser_jumpin_bean@yahoo.com or call you have my number or mail them to me you have my p.o.box in a previous comment

alanna rose said...

Danielle - send this child her meds!

Anyway - i was just going to tell you that between you and Amy I have about all the exitement in my life I can handle - I love hearing your firefighting stories :)

rae rae said...

Yes, you firefighters walk on the wild side of life. I'll stick to suburbia, thank you!