Friday, June 09, 2006

TODAY it's my Birthday?

As usual, I've been cursed on the big day. I fell asleep early last night after a long day with a headache and forgot to put my luggage outside the door to be taken off the ship. SO, when I awoke at 5:30 I was in a bit of a panic and extremely embarrassed about something I'd been reminded to do about 50 times. The good thing is all the kids got their stuff together alright. Anyway, once I handled that situation, we had debarked and I managed to get separated from the 30-odd people I was with in an extremely small bus terminal. What I can't figure out is how I did this, but after about 20 minutes I was convinced I'd been left behind and was now stuck at the port in Pireaus. So I followed good advice of the lost and stayed in one place and low and behold after awhile some one I knew bumped into me. I couldn't help but think about how I'd been joking about staying in Greece as a birthday present to myself and had told the kids not to worry if I disappeared...but I was just joking!
So techinically the day is just starting back in the states and I figure I have some time to make up, but I think I'm going to enjoy a belated birthday because we leave at 3am to catch our flight and I'm tired! So I'm going to bed and will pretend it's today tomorrow once I'm back home.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Happy Birthday.