Thursday, May 04, 2006

Chew Toys

Despite having a BILLION toys for my dogs to play with (they even have their own toy box), Maverick is insistent that I am his favorite chew toy. If he can't grab hold of an article of clothing I am wearing, my ankles, wrists or ears are a good supplement. I've told my vet he's done too good of a job in fixing him. Other than that, he is the perfect little puppy and I'm chalking up the biting to the fact he's teething and this stage WILL go away sooner than later. He sleeps through most of the night, he heels and sits already, he doesn't care about the livestock and most importantly, he knows how to ask to go outside to potty and I don't have to watch him to make sure he doesn't wander off, he just comes back up on the deck and hits the bells have out there to ask to be let back in. As an update, I took his stitches out last night and he's gained 4.5 pounds since Sunday!

It was a blessing in disguise that yesterday's plans fell through and my evening was looking to be really lousy. I did almost all my laundry (though I haven't put it away yet), got totally immersed in a great book AND caught up on the sleep I lost the night before. Since it's the end of the week perhaps I will go make up for it tonight? Plus I need to celebrate the fact my long-lost reimbursment check from Wildfire College, held back in January, has been found! Woohoo! Plus I'm a Margarita...which is somewhat ironic...

You Are a Margarita

You aren't just the life of the party, you are the party!
You mix a good drink, bust out some great music, and know how to get down.

1 comment:

AJ said...

I don't feel so bad about the weight I've gained if your puppy has gained 4.5 pounds in one week:)