Thursday, May 25, 2006

Exhausted!

Wow! What a week so far! Monday was the last day of classes, but school technically was in session through Wednesday. So, instead of 'school' we went to 6-Flags down in Denver on Tuesday (not even HALF as good as Ceder Point!) and then spent the day at the sand dunes and the mineral pools yesterday. I never want to get on a bus that often, for that long EVER again! It was a ton of fun though and for the most part the kids were fairly well behaved. But man am I TIRED!

I just finished getting my grades finalized, so for the rest of today and tomorrow I'm 'cleaning house' so to speak! I have to remember a CD player for tomorrow though, it is way too quiet in here without the kids running around. It feels so good to be done teaching for the next three months. It'll be nice to have a full three day weekend without worrying about having to grade papers and how long I can get away with working on a Monday morning before students figure out I'm in.

This also marks a period during which I won't have a ton of time to update my blog as often as I have been since I refuse to pay for the internet at home. Since I live so far out of town I can only get dial-up, and that's so darn expensive I figure I can put the money to better use somewhere else. I promise to log in at least once a week though and keep everyone updated on my summer adventures with the Forest Service, fires, and Rodeo. I also plan on keeping a daily log while in Greece at least. We leave next Thursday (June 1st) so make sure you check out my adventures overseas!

9 comments:

Laura said...

I hope that you have a blast in Greece!

rae rae said...

I concur. Have the time of your life. Look forward to hearing all about it!

YGS said...

I hope you didn't flunk anyone. Have fun in Greece :)

Danielle Michelle said...

I did flunk two students! I'm so mean ;)

Stephie said...

have fun in Greece!

Lesley said...

Have fun, and take care!

Diana said...

I wish I was going to Greece with you!!! I look forward to the pictures when you get back. Have a safe trip.....BTW - if you're ever bored this summer, then come out to visit!!!

Kara said...

Me too...I want to go to Greece!!

alanna rose said...

You're in Greece now! I'm so pumped for you - have fun, but stay safe!